Anyone joining us on an Encounter Freediving event needs to take note of the following information:
- We have implemented a number of measures to help protect our customers and staff against COVID19. However, due to the nature of freediving, we are not able to maintain strict social distancing (e.g. 1.5m between participants) at all times. Note that participants will be expected to provide usual safety and buddying procedures for dive buddies.
- Some practical skills in our courses may be modified to reduce the amount of close contact required.
- If you exhibit any of the symptoms (even very mild) of COVID19, you cannot attend an Encounter Freediving event. If you need to cancel for this reason, we will organise to reschedule or refund you.
- If an Encounter Freediving staff member is exhibiting symptoms (even very mild) of COVID19, and we cannot organise someone to take their place, we will cancel the event and customers will be rescheduled or refunded.
- All hire equipment will be used by a single person for the duration of their course. Encounter Freediving will thoroughly wash all hire equipment between events.
Anyone joining Encounter Freediving at an event must acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have not tested positive for COVID-19 or been identified as a potential carrier.
- I have not been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive to COVID-19.
- I have not been overseas or in a COVID-19 hotspot in the 14 days prior to the planned event.
- I do not have any symptoms (even mild) associated with COVID-19 (including fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, fatigue or muscle pain, headache, loss of smell, loss of taste, nausea or vomiting, joint pain, diarrhoea or a loss of appetite)
For the safety of yourself, other customers, and staff:
- Maintain social distancing where practicable
- Maintain good hygiene practices, such as washing hands or using hand sanitiser
- Bring your own equipment and water bottle where possible and avoid sharing equipment with others.
- Use anti-fog solution for mask, rather than spitting into mask