This program provides you with the training and knowledge required to safely freedive with a buddy in open water environments to depths of 40 metres. You will earn the SSI Level 3 Freediving certification after completing this program. To enrol in an SSI Freediving Level 3 course you must be at least 18 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. You must also have completed the SSI Freediving Level 2 course, or equivalent with another certification agency.
What is involved?
The SSI Freediving Level 3 course consists of the following:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the mySSI App. This is to be completed prior to the course day and the instructor will review any questions you have prior to the pool session.
- A multiple-choice exam
- Pool session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper safety, buddying, and rescue procedures. Goal – static apnea of at least 3min 30sec and dynamic apnea of at least 75 metres.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive between 30 and 40 metres.
What will you learn?
- Freediving equipment, including rigging ropes and floats
- Advanced freediving physiology
- Advanced freediving equalisation, including mouth-fill equalisation and functional residual capacity (FRC) training
- Safe freediving practices
- Training techniques, including thoracic cavity stretching and developing training tables
What does it cost?
Prices for SSI Level 3 courses varies depending on location. Please get contact us if you would like to enquire!
- Course materials
- Self-development of knowledge through the mySSI App.
- One day of pool sessions that includes static apnea, dynamic apnea and rescue techniques (typically three hours, however, we cater to the needs of students and can take shorter or longer)
- Three days of open water sessions.
- Certification, upon successful course completion.
What’s not included?
- Personal equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, weight belt).
How do I get started?
Please note that due to coronavirus-related restrictions, we have cancelled all courses. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t continue your freediving journey! You can purchase the online learning materials and get starting with your theory right now! The purchase of your materials can then be put towards the pool practical session once we are able to start operations again. So, get started by clicking below.