Men’s size chart
Women’s size chart
Donning the wetsuit
- While donning SCS wetsuits with open cell inside(Molchanovs Performance wetsuits 3 mm),it is necessary to exercise caution and avoid excessive pulling due to limited tear resistance. The entire inside of the wetsuit must be lubricated*prior to putting it on. Once the suit is lubricated, carefully put it on by “stroking” it into place. Avoid grabbing and pulling.It is advisable to have someone assist you in your efforts in both donning and removal. Your assistant must be aware of the delicate nature of the process.
- Donning wetsuits with lycra inside (Molchanovs Performance wetsuits 1 and 1.5 mm) is possible in water and on dry body.
- Donning SCS wetsuits with fabric finish outside and open cell inside (Molchanovs Training wetsuits 3, 5, and 7 mm) is possible with lubricant or in water as they are more durable and can tolerate more aggressive actions
Notes about lubricant
To prepare, blend thoroughly1/3 hair conditioner with2/3 water. Apply generously to the inside surface of a wetsuit. A completely slippery film should coat the whole wetsuit inside.You may need to adjust the mix proportions to create the slip that works best for your conditions.
Removing the wetsuit
- Doffing SCS wetsuits with open cell inside (Molchanovs Performance wetsuits 3 mm) must be done in water.It is very important that when doffing a wetsuit there is enough water inbetween parts of the wet suit to avoid any friction or tension.It is advisable to have someone assist you in your efforts in both donning and removal. Your assistant must be aware of the delicate nature of the process.
- Doffing wetsuits with fabric finish inside/outside may be done on dry land but in water it is easier and more comfortable
- A wet suit must be thoroughly rinsed in fresh water right after every dive. If you do not have a chance to do that right after diving, leave your wetsuit in a bag with some seawater. Do not let salt get dry on your wetsuit.Do not machine wash!
- Then allow the wetsuit to air dry. Do not dry your wetsuit in the sun, near a fire, on central heating systems or in a drying machine!
- In the case of wearing a wetsuit for a long time under the sun, put on a protective nylon t-shirt.
- From time to time your wetsuit should be washed using a commercially available “WetsuitShampoo”. Follow directions closely. Remove grease, oil and stains using just a commercially available “Wetsuit Degreaser”. Never use petroleum products on your suit.
- Store your dry suit in a cool dry place and avoid folds for excessive periods. Short term folding for transport reasons is acceptable. Avoid direct sunlight.6.If you unfortunately tear your wetsuit, for repair use Neoprene Cement commercially available at most Diving centres or Watersport stores. Carefully follow the instructions. Never sew smooth skin seams. Fabric finished surfaces can be loop stitched, but avoid stitching completely through to the opposite surface.