Club safety and training principles
If you are wanting to train with the Brisbane Freedivers Club or Brisbane Bullsharks Freediving Club you need to complete a safety induction. This course is recognised by both clubs as containing all of the skills you need to train safely in a club environment. In addition, we spend some time discussing how to train for freediving and how to use your club training time effectively.
It is not a requirement that a Level 1 (or equivalent) course be completed, but it is highly recommended as we consolidate and extend skills learned on a Level 1. Importantly, this course is not a replacement for a Level 1 and is designed specifically for club training environments.
In this course you will learn:
- static apnea buddying and safety procedures
- LMC rescue procedures
- dynamic apnea buddying and safety procedures
- black out rescue procedures
- how to avoid hypoxic events (LMCs and blackouts)
- how to plan a training session for dynamic apnea
- how to create a training table suited to your level
We spend about 1.5 hours in water and do out of water theory.
Out of stock