This program provides you with the training and knowledge required to safely freedive with a buddy in open water environments to depths of 30 metres. You will earn the SSI Level 2 Freediving certification after completing this program. To enrol in an SSI Freediving Level 2 course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. You must also have completed the SSI Freediving Level 1 course, or equivalent with another certification agency.
What is involved?
The SSI Freediving Level 2 course consists of the following:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the mySSI App. This is to be completed prior to the course day and the instructor will review any questions you have prior to the pool session.
- A multiple-choice exam
- Pool session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper safety, buddying, and rescue procedures. Goal – static apnea of at least 2min 30sec and dynamic apnea of at least 50 metres.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive between 20 and 30 metres.
What will you learn?
- Freediving equipment
- Advanced freediving physiology
- Advanced freediving equalisation
- Safe freediving practices
- Training techniques
What does it cost?
An SSI Freediving Level 2 course costs $690 (for Brisbane-based courses).
- Course materials
- Self-development of knowledge through the mySSI App.
- One day of pool sessions that includes static apnea, dynamic apnea and rescue techniques (typically three hours, however, we cater to the needs of students and can take shorter or longer)
- Two days of open water sessions (light snacks will be provided).
- A fun dive with wildlife on each open water day (time and conditions permitting).
- Certification, upon successful course completion.
What’s not included?
- Personal equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit (recommended), weight belt).